Friday, November 18, 2011

Raja Uda Yam Rice


I been long hearing about the yam rice at Jalan Raja Uda. One friend who stay and work nearby  Raja Uda recommend us to check this place out. He said the Aunty always give him extra bak eon (meatball) because he got the charm....hehe!


Many time the yam rice sold out fast and with no surprise, you can eat the yam rice without yam. Ya, that right. Just white rice.


Anyway, I went to try my luck with rule of thumb, if no yam rice, I passed. It no joking, the place is jaming-pack with people even already passed lunch time. Can't find an empty table. But luckily, the yam rice still available. The place is along Jalan Raja Uda. It found at the corner lot of a building, paiseh forgot the name of the kopitiam (coffee shop) You just search for RHB Bank at Raja Uda or set GPS to this coordination 5.433695,100.385513



View Larger Map

Here is the yam rice I ordered:


It is a bit oily, can't eat the yam compared with the one I tried at Sentosa Bukit Mertajam. It just got it own specialty of yam rice.


No extra bak eon, no intestines of pig, it cost RM5 for single serving.


I like the combination taste of yam rice and the sour soup. This is another Penang Food that you should try besides Hokkien Mee, Curry Mee, Nasi Lemak and Char koay teow that outstation friends always mention.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...