Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Eastern & Oriental Hotel, Sarkie's Corner Buffet


3 times in 2 weeks, I got the opportunities to have lunch at Hotel's restaurant. I seldom eat buffet if got choices because every time I eat buffet, I will out of control and stuck too much food that I can handle which make all hard work at gym to drain. 


I so admire people who work in Intel because in 3 out of 3 times, there sure will have Intel workers table reservation or Intel employee (with their Intel badge on) roaming for food at counter. Best part is, I saw the same guys twice in Equatorial Hotel and E&O Hotel. 


With my experience in eating buffet, I start to have a my own routine to eat the unlimited, free flow of food with limited tummy space. At the same time, also eat healthy by not simply eat something that look good that make you uncomfortable later.


First, you need to eat fruits. I learned that fruits should eat before meal, not after meal because it digest faster. So, should go first.
Then continue with Sashimi, Salmon and Sushi. Salmon rich in omega-3 fatty acid which good for health. Just to name a few that omega-3 fatty acids can help. Example Depression, Cardiovascular Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Fatigue, Dry, itchy skin, Brittle hair and nails, Inability to concentrate, Join pain.....I bet you'll try to eat sashimi when you know the benefit
Next, is the famous dish of Sarkie's Corner, the roasted duck. Some said if you didn't eat roasted duck in E&O hotel, then you are tag as never eat buffet here. It may not so healthy to eat roasted duck. So, I add in 2 slides of tomato to balance up.....lol
You see, when you eat buffet you should start off with small size animal like fish. Then move up to medium size animal to duck and lamb. If you start off with lamb first, then the duck taste will not be so good and the salmon sashimi will be tasteless when you already ate the stronger taste of lamb.
Before eat grilled lamb, I looking the best value for money in E&O buffet which is the grilled cod fish. However, the cod fish just not simply available even by asking. So, I end  with a replacement grilled Salmon and Tuna.
Salmon best eat as sashimi. For grilled, I only like the Salmon skin. The meat of grilled salmon tasteless. So, I try it with mint sauce and roasted duck sauce. By this time, normally people should be 70% full which is good to stop eating. However, if you got bigger "tank", then you can try something local like the Char Koay Teow and Laksa




It may not taste like the famous Char Koay Teow at Lorong Selamat but it got a real big prawn hidden inside the koay teow.


Oh, Laksa bek ki (cannot go) luckily it just small portion else, it just waste space in my tummy.  


When I go to Sabah, people recommend me affogato at Little Italy at Kota Kinabalu town, a small cup of affogato will cost you RM9.90 not including tax. I don't bother as you go to travel, you just spend. Since you already dine in buffet, you know you can prepare your own affogato free flow?
Pump the espresso from coffee machine and scoop 2-3 ball of vanilla ice-cream into the coffee, tada....affogato. You can even pump double espresso if you immune to caffeine. For me, I will sleepless whole night if double espresso.


Some said your meal didn't complete without dessert. For dessert, I only like bread pudding. However, that day is Banana bread pudding which not so good. I still prefer original bread pudding.


I already miss Salmon sashimi now (at time of writing this post)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...