Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Permatang Tinggi Hokkien Mee


I food hunting this place for 3rd time, this place famous for Hokkien Mee & Loh Mee that  beeing published in local newspaper called Ah Shang Hokkien Mee. It is not easy to find if you not local. Elisa bring me to this place for first time. It not found at main road but one of the house at the Taman of Permatang Tinggi, Bukit Mertajam. 


If you would like to explore this Permatang Tinggi's hokkien mee, refer to below map or use this coordinate: 5.302844,100.478017.


View Larger Map

The Hokkien Mee taste good at my first visit, you can add extra meatball, chicken feet, loh nui (herb egg), egg and others. I guess the best is the homemade chili they provide. I always like original taste of hokkien mee and prefer not to put chili to spoil the taste. However, heavy taste or spice lover can add and change the hokkien mee to curry mee as the chili is free flow:



My second visit to this place is a bit in shock because the table is full of flies. I feel sick after eating the hokkien mee because worry about the hygiene of this place. Then I convinced by friends that Jawi, BM, Tambun these area is normal with many flies. Not sure why but the flies are big and many compare to other area. 



I doubted and visit again this place after longtime. (Hard to find good food around Simpang Ampat Area, I force to go back to same place when running out of choices) I think the flies is because the hygiene of this place. Look at the plate soaked in the oily water with tissue paper plastic and unknown floating stuffs:


This probably the last time I visit to this place unless they improve the hygiene. Not to condemn this place, but the hokkien mee not standard all the time. Sometime it taste good, sometime taste so-so only. Probably overrated by local newspaper or not much competition around that area. Trust me, I tried one of the Laksa at Permatang Tinggi Market, it is the worse Laksa ever but the seller still can survive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...